Homework 5 (15 points)
This assignment is designed to give you a chance to work with PHP scripts and web forms. Homework submission guidelines will be provided by your TA in recitation.
- Codecademy.com Make a website tutorial
- Codecademy.com jQuery tutorial
- Chapter 2 Reinforcement Exercise 2-6 (Page 121)
- Chapter 4 Reinforcement Exercise 4-2 (Pages 224-227)
- In order for the email message to be sent, you must edit the account settings in the msmtprc.ini file located in \UniServerZ\core\msmtp\ with your account information.
- The Hotmail account option works well for this exercise and is the default option selected (see last line of msmtprc.ini file).
- On Page 225, there is an error when setting the $pattern variable, which will prevent your application from working properly. Please refer to the errata list for the correct code.
- Chapter 4 Reinforcement Exercise 4-4 (Page 228)
Configure Debugging in php.ini
- In a typical installation of PHP, the php.ini file should be edited to enable debugging and help identify problems in your code. In Uniserver, there are three versions of these files (development, test, production) stored in UniServerZ\core\php54\ and pre-configured for those purposes.
- To select the development version of php.ini which has debugging enabled, open the Uniserver control panel and click the button to "Stop Apache".
- Next, select the PHP menu, select the "Select PHP Configuration File" and choose the "PHP config file php_development.ini" option.
- Once you restart Apache, PHP debugging should be enabled.