Homework 1 (10 points)
This introductory assignment is designed to give you a chance to become familiar with the Visual Studio IDE and GUI design.
Chapters 1 and 2 Programming Tutorials
- Complete the Chapter 1 Programming Tutorial 1 - Pages 34-52
- Complete the Chapter 2 Programming Tutorial 1 - Pages 90-95
- Complete the Chapter 2 Programming Tutorial 2 - Pages 96-98
Cell Phone Assignment
- Create a GUI of a cell phone that is based on your personal cell phone. When submitting the assignment, you should also have your cell phone available to show the TA.
- Try using different controls in the Toolbox to make your GUI design as close to your cell phone as possible.
Web Browser Assignment
- Build the web browser application outlined at the end of the Chapter 1 lecture notes.
- Customize the browser interface to make it visually appealing. Be creative and make sure it looks different and has a unique design!
- Include at least 5 additional controls on the form. The controls don't need to be coded to work, but it should be apparent what function they are supposed to do. Examine the interface of Internet Explorer or Firefox to get some ideas of additional controls to include.
E-Assign Homework Management System
- Register an account at E-Assign.com using your UB email address.
- Obtain access to the this class using course code 20169314.
- Complete the homework assignment, zip up the assignment files according to the instructions provided by your TA and upload the zip file to E-Assign.com.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT HOMEWORK SUBMISSIONS
- Each homework assignment should be submitted as a single zip or 7-zip file.
- Assignment files may be submitted multiple times to E-Assign, but only the most recent, on-time file submissions will be graded.
- Submitting work or data files that are not your own is considered a violation of academic integrity. Students found in violation will be dealt with according to the procedures outlined in the official UB Policy of Academic Integrity.