Fixing File Permissions
If your website is still giving you a Forbidden error, it may be due to the permissions on your account. For some unknown reason, this affects a handful of students each semester. Here are instructions to follow to fix this problem.
- First check to make sure your Public access in set to ON. Check by logging in here.
- Next, open this website https://ubfs.buffalo.edu, click on the "My Files" icon and login to set the permissions on your index.html file.
- Click on the public_html folder to view the files in your web folder.
- Click on the padlock icon next to your index.html file.
- Fill out the highlighted fields in the web form exactly as indicated in the image below and click the Add button.
- Check your website again to see if it's working properly.
This should fix any permissions problems on your account. If you're still having problems, please let your TA or me know.